This heavy-duty engine oil will replace Shell Rotella® T5 NG 15W-40 and will be available in bulk and drums. It is specially formulated to provide hardworking protection under the full range of pressures and temperatures in mobile natural gas engines as well as diesel and gasoline engines. The versatile engine oil is particularly relevant for waste haul trucks and buses operating with 100 percent compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) fueled engines.
Shell Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40 offers several key benefits:
- Advanced Piston and Engine Cleanliness – An optimized balance of detergent and dispersancy provides good piston and engine cleanliness and ensures long and efficient operation.
- Ignition System Protection – The formulation contains additives to control the deposit formulation in the combustion chamber to help prolong the life of valves and spark plugs.
- Emissions System Compatibility – The low ash formulation helps protect the exhaust catalysts and particulate filters found on the latest low emission vehicles.
- Suitable for Natural Gas, Diesel and Gasoline engines – Mixed fleets can benefit from using one oil for multiple engine type, thus minimizing maintenance complexity.
Specifications, approvals and recommendations for Shell Rotella T4 NG Plus 15W-40:
- API CK-4
- API SN
- Cummins CES 20092 (replacing CES 20085 which becomes obsolete December 31, 2019)
- Cummins CES 20086
- Detroit Diesel DFS 93K222
- Mack EO-S 4.5
- Volvo VDS-4.5